KIM Consulting project support services allow clients to benefit from our experience and expertise to perform project specific functions.
The following are the project support services KIM Consulting can provide:
- Project Audits: Assess a particular project to confirm probability of success.
- Risk Assessments: Review risks on higher risk projects, establish strategies for dealing with risks.
- External Risk Management: Provide full risk management services outside of the immediate team.
- Post Project Reviews: Independent view of how you did including assessment of business outcomes.
- Project Management Mentoring / Coaching: Work with your developing project managers to enhance their abilities and increasing the probability of success on a project.
- Project Rescue Services: Reviewing challenged projects and repositioning them by re-scoping, changing team.
The role of the Project Support Office is to support the Project Manager and project team. It is also known as Project Administrator or Project Co-ordinator. The main objective is to support the Project Manager and Project Team in the co-ordination, planning and control of the project. They receive minimal supervision from the Project Manager to ensure the agreed project management methods and standards are implemented throughout the project.
These responsibilities of Project Support include:
- Ensure the agreed project management methods, standards and processes are maintained throughout the project lifecycle.
- Assist the Project Manager and Team Managers in the production and maintenance of project plans.
- Develop and maintain the project library, filing, recording and reporting systems.
- Develop and implement appropriate configuration management procedures
- Co-ordinate the production of all reports and produce project summary reports.
- Set up and maintain systems for recording project costs.
- Define and document procedures in accordance with agreed methodology.
- Advise and assist project team members in the application of project procedures , disciplines and recording and reporting standards.
- Maintain risk and issue registers and change control records.
- Develop and support effective communication mechanisms between the project teams.
- Undertake any other administrative tasks as specified by the Project Manager
Project Support Officer roles are often considered to be the first step in the ladder of project management roles. People looking to get into project management will often pursue these roles after gaining a project management qualification like PRINCE2® qualification.