AgilePM® Certification Course Overview
Since its introduction in 2010, AgilePM® has fast established itself as the world’s leading framework and certification for Agile project management, with over 150,000 exams sat worldwide.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM - the only agile approach to focus on delivery of projects in a fully agile way - the certification lives up to its name by providing users of the method with the core principles needed to facilitate a successful project, whilst allowing a degree of scope and agility that not many other methodologies provide.
WHAT IS VIRTUAL TRAINING?
Instructor-led training combines the personal teaching experience of a classroom, with the ease and flexibility of a virtual environment. Our virtual courses are interactive and engaging, allowing participants to communicate with both the instructor and each other in a collaborative manner.
This is an intensive five-day course that prepares you for the Foundation & Practitioner examinations. The training is conducted via a virtual training environment.
There are no formal pre-requisites for taking the Foundation exam.
In order to take the AgilePM® Practitioner exam, a candidate must hold the Foundation certification
By the end of the Foundation course, you should understand the key principles and terminology within the Agile Management Foundation guidance. Specifically:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
By the end of the Practitioner course you should be able to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of DSDM in a project situation
- Appropriately configure the lifecycle of an Agile project to a given scenario
- Produce and evaluate the content of Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario
- Apply the following Agile techniques in a project situation:
- Facilitated Workshops
- MoSCoW prioritisation
- Iterative Development
- Identify the Agile techniques to be used for a given situation within a scenario
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and correctly determine the appropriate personnel to fulfil these roles within a given scenario
- Understand the mechanisms for control of an Agile Project which are specific to an Agile project
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and measure progress in an Agile project
- Describe the Agile approach to managing requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario
This qualification is aimed at:
- Practising project managers
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers
This is an intensive course that requires you to complete mandatory pre-course studies. Study material must be sent out 1 to 2 weeks prior to an event.
You will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
HOW YOU TAKE YOUR EXAM
The exam is taken online via remote proctor. You will be able to book a suitable time after your virtual classroom event has finished to undertake your exam
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam. You must pass Foundation prior to taking the Practitioner examination.
The format of the Foundation exam is as follows:
Foundation exam format
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
Practitioner exam format
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination