AgileBA™ Certification Course Overview
AgileBA guidance offers useful, practical and comprehensive guidance on the role of the Business Analyst working in an agile way (the Agile Business Analyst).
The Agile Business Analyst (AgileBA) certification demonstrates that you have the skills needed to be an effective business analyst working in an agile project team. This four day intensive classroom course provides everything you need to fully prepare for the AgileBA Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
By the end of the Foundation-level qualification you should have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Business Analysis guidance to be able to recognise and distinguish between the key elements of the approach.
The Practitioner level qualification confirms that you not only have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Business Analysis guidance, but that you have the ability to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation.
WHAT IS VIRTUAL TRAINING?
Instructor-led training combines the personal teaching experience of a classroom, with the ease and flexibility of a virtual environment. Our virtual courses are interactive and engaging, allowing participants to communicate with both the instructor and each other in a collaborative manner.
This is an intensive four-day course that helps prepares you for the AgileBA Foundation and Practitioner examinations.
You must pass the AgileBA Foundation exam prior to undertaking the AgileBA Practitioner examination
By the end of the Foundation element of this course you should understand the key principles and terminology within Agile Business Analysis guidance. Specifically,
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- The processes within an Agile project, including alternative configurations
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- The practices used and their benefits and limitations
- The people within an Agile project
By the end of the Practitioner element of this course you should be able to:
- Apply the underpinning philosophy and principles of DSDM in a project situation
- Appropriately configure the processes of an Agile project to a given scenario
- Produce and evaluate the content of BA-produced Agile products produced during an Agile project in a given scenario
- Apply the following Agile practices in a project situation: Facilitated Workshops; MoSCoW prioritisation; Iterative Development; Modelling; Timeboxing
- Identify the Agile practices to be used for a given situation within a scenario
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project and the different levels of empowerment with respect to requirements and the business case
- Understand the mechanisms for facilitation and support within an Agile Project
- Understand in outline how to test, estimate and evaluate benefits delivery in an Agile project
- Describe the Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements and identify action to rectify problems with requirements within an Agile project from a given scenario
This qualification is aimed at:
- Practising Business Analysts
- Agile team members who wish to become Agile Business Analysts
This is an intensive course that requires you to complete mandatory pre-course studies. Study material must be sent out 1 to 2 weeks prior to an event.
You will also be required to complete some evening work during the virtual classroom event.
HOW YOU TAKE YOUR EXAM
The exam is taken online via remote proctor. You will be able to book a suitable time after your virtual classroom event has finished to undertake your exam
Note: You are responsible for booking your own exam. You must pass Foundation prior to taking the Practitioner examination.
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40-minute duration
- Closed book
- Complex multiple choice
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per questions
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%
- 2.5-hour duration
- Open book (AgileBA Handbook only)